Monday, August 31, 2009

A Lucky Strike Discount


Back in September of last year, when I began this blog, my second entry was called 'Twas Rock & Roll That Killed Your Hit Parade, which looked back at the Lucky Strike Hit Parade show of the early 1950's.


Shortly thereafter I received a very kind email from Andrew Lee Fielding, whose mother Sue Bennett was one of the early stars of television, and a regular on Your Hit Parade.


We exchanged several emails, and Andrew told me about a book he had written about his mother's career and early television. He was nice enough to send me a copy.


I wrote a full review of The Lucky Strike Papers in And Now, A Lucky Strike Extra . . .









Andrew also has his own blog, which you’ll find linked on my sidebar.


This highly entertaining and informative book would make a worthy addition to anyone's library, and with the Holidays upcoming, would be a terrific gift for anyone with a love of nostalgia.


I bring this up today because Andrew is running a special price on the book, for a limited time.


If you are interested, I’d hurry up and order. I’ve no idea how long this special will last.

No comments: