Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Lucky Strike Extra

 

 

 

 

Two years ago, when I began this blog, my second entry was called 'Twas Rock & Roll That Killed Your Hit Parade, which looked back at the Lucky Strike Hit Parade show of the early 1950's.

 

Shortly thereafter I received a very kind email from Andrew Lee Fielding, whose mother Sue Bennett was one of the early stars of television, and a regular on Your Hit Parade.

 

We exchanged several emails, and Andrew told me about a book he had written about his mother's career and early television. He was nice enough to send me a copy.

 

I wrote a full review of The Lucky Strike Papers in And Now, A Lucky Strike Extra . . .


Andrew also has his own blog, which you’ll find linked on my sidebar.

 

About once a year I mention this highly entertaining and informative book since I believe it would make a worthy addition to anyone's library.

 

Especially since I figure some of my newer readers may not have read the original review buried 150 blogs in the past.

 

With the Holidays upcoming, this would be a terrific gift for anyone with a love of nostalgia.

No comments: